Thursday, January 14, 2010

Advantages And Disadvantages Of D B M S.

turtles should stay in their place: they are only animals.


Go now challenge: I will before your very eyes listen an entire album of Turtles. That where they make pretty horrific times of Bob Dylan, among others. Admit it, seeing it , you're like me shared a shiver of horror, a mad desire to laugh and that to withdraw the plane he was in the posterior. Briefly, after this introduction sporty enough, I throw myself into the water: I'll listen, as promised, the entire album.

(15 minutes later, my god this is it, we go to the ellipses)

Damn, I just received a divine sign. Deezer does not work: the sky said, "Do not listen to my daughter Turtles" (Imagine with a deep voice and a head resembling that of Morgan Freeman)

Nevermind, I'll tell you about something good in return. Little lucky.

One of the books that fit easily in my top 5 would certainly Ask the Dust by John Fante. The story of a failed writer, virgin, lost, poor. A guy a bit like Martin Eden, the water side and less. (Although)

Fante. This guy still has the talent to write some pretty magnificent, with ordinary words. You see, the kind of annoying guy who uses the right word at the right time. For pages you bear biting his style, you close your mouth and you read it, and you're falling on a short phrase, word, or even a comma that makes it all becomes exceptional. A dazzling, as would my mom.

Fante, the guy who knows how to describe the neuroses without ever really describe. The guy who takes what he has been in your head at some point in your life, making it a sentence that makes you say "Damn, this guy writes really well."

Fante, the guy who inspired much of the work of Bukowksi; not in its dirty side, but in how he described the real with words so raw that it becomes beautiful. And he even wrote a beautiful preface to Ask the Dust.


Average Cabbage

0 comments:

Post a Comment